Thursday, November 5, 2015

So it's November, and it's Thursday. Which means we have scout activities tonight. I'm the assistant Bear leader. Tonight is pack meeting. So no individual den activities tonight. Next week I'm in charge of the Bear activities since the Den leader will be out of town.
So here's what I'm doing:
Bear Elective Adventures: Bear Picnic Basket
2. With the help of an adult, select one food item, and follow a recipe to prepare it for your family in your kitchen. Clean up after the preparation and cooking.

I will be teaching them how to make Apple Pie. Each one will get their own individual pie plate, and we will cook them in the oven at the church.

I did this last year with about 15 little girls ages 8-11, and it turned out pretty well. So, we'll see how 5-7 little 9 year old boys handle it.

Last year I made a giant recipe page. Since we've moved across the country in the past year, I'm pretty sure I don't still have that, so I will make another one.

....Or maybe I could make scripture cookies.... Hmmmm..... I haven't decided for sure yet.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment